- Assess sources of exposure to phthalates, BPA and other endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) in pregnant women.
- Examine the relationship between prenatal exposures to EDCs and children’s physical and cognitive function at birth and during the first 5 years of life.
- Investigate whether there are risk factors such as maternal obesity or a maternal diet high in saturated fat that increase susceptibility to prenatal exposure to EDCs.
- Examine the hypothesis that increased oxidative stress or inflammation may mediate associations between prenatal exposure to EDCs and children’s physical development or cognitive function.
- Investigate whether prenatal exposure to EDCs affects the child's gut microbiome which could in turn impact the child's development and health.